Used by millions, our Rome2rio trip planner is one of the top online travel resources used globally.
As the world starts to travel again, Rome2rio is preparing by ramping up our team capability. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, organised and dedicated Digital Travel Producer to join our Content team in Melbourne.
About the opportunity
At Rome2rio, our Digital Producers, internally known as Data Content Managers, are responsible for managing our high-value inventory of transport information, ensuring that travellers receive useful, accurate and up to date information to help plan their trips. In this role, you will be coordinating a team of on-the-ground Data Specialists to collect data such as bus schedules, train routes, fare information and taxi operators from around the world.
If you want to work in a fun dynamic team, have relevant experience and want to influence the future of online travel, then this could be a great fit for you!
What you’ll be doing
- Keeping transport information up to date and relevant by prioritising data collection and maintenance tasks using available data insights, industry knowledge and traveller feedback.
- Coordinating a team of regional on-the-ground Data Specialists to source and maintain high-quality transport data
- Carrying out quality assurance checks to identify opportunities (such as gaps or missing data) while ensuring collected data provides travellers with accurate and useful search results
- Providing travellers with all available transport choices by researching, identifying and acquiring new transport datasets in collaboration with the Commercial and Engineering teams
- Supporting and training on-the-ground Data Specialists on in-house tools and processes includes creating and maintaining support materials
- Contributing to the planning and delivery of new in-house tooling and workflow solutions to continually improve efficiencies and drive high-quality transport data at scale
- Collaborating on cross-functional initiatives across Rome2rio to help solve complex trip planning problems
- Ensuring tracking and progress towards agreed priorities and OKRs
Note, this role is focused on data and doesn’t include content or editorial work.
Who we’re looking for
You have a genuine passion for travel and a keen interest in digital innovation. You understand the importance of providing accurate travel information to help travellers make informed trip planning decisions.
Highly collaborative by nature, you are not phased by working alongside different teams such as Engineering, Data Science or Commercial. You are super organised and proactive with an eye for detail, and you take great pride in driving quality outcomes that are delivered on time and within budget.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role or as a Digital Producer/Digital Project Manager within Content Management/Data Operations/Tech industry. Travel tech industry experience is a bonus!
- Demonstrable experience in coordinating and driving small teams
- A strong eye for detail regarding data entry input quality
- Ability to analyse and draw actionable insights from data, necessary for prioritising work tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical teams
- Commitment to delivering excellent work and desire to continually improve existing processes
- Positive attitude, keen sense of ownership and ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Familiarity with Google Suite; proficiency in GoogleSheets and/or Excel
Rome2rio encourages you to apply even if you don’t meet every point listed.
Need more information? Feel free to email us.
Rome2rio values diversity and inclusion. We welcome all applicants regardless of ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability. As part of our flexible approach, we’d be open to discussing part-time options.
As we meet in person, you need to be based in Victoria, Australia. To be considered for this role you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or have full Australian working rights.
If you are interested in joining our growing team at an exciting time, let us know!
Rome2rio is busy helping people get from A to B around the globe. We offer a multi-modal, door-to-door travel search engine that returns itineraries for air, train, coach, ferry, mass transit and driving options to and from any location.
Based in Melbourne, Australia, we are a globally recognised, profitable business and work collaboratively with our parent company Omio, based in Berlin.
We pride ourselves on the can-do, engineering-centric culture built by our founders. The company has 40 staff based in Richmond and is growing. Working at Rome2rio means that you will be immediately responsible for shaping a consumer focussed product used by millions worldwide. Your work will have plenty of impact!
Pay and perks
Alongside building a great consumer focussed product, working with a talented team and attractive salaries, Rome2rio offers a suite of additional benefits including
- Five weeks annual leave
- A biennial travel fund of $2000 towards international and domestic flights
- A biennial ground transport fund of $1000 for transit expenses outside of Melbourne
- A generous annual learning & development budget
- We offer 10 weeks paid maternity leave and 20 days paid dad & partner leave
- A yearly health and wellness benefit
- We work to a hybrid model where you can choose to work from home or our office most days, along with a $500 contribution towards your home workstation set up
- A casual, creative and social loft-style warehouse space in Richmond where the team meets for scheduled activities and collaborative work, celebrations and lunches together
- We work flexibly to let life happen, we rely on great communication and focus on outcomes and engaging work over time on the clock.
Sounds great doesn’t it? Apply here.